Friday, January 27, 2012

ALCHEMY

Mmm I love days off....Here's a new look from today :) Nothing too exciting but I really love the tank I got from work. :) For some reason it reminds me of eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. There's a scene where Jim carey is digging through old artwork and there is a drawing of clementine with a skeleton body...and so for some reason my mind links that image to this tank top.....weird.



Top, hat & Denim: Hot Topic
Boots: Buckle
Ring: Adder bite ring by Alchemy Gothic

The adder bite ring you can't really see well in the photos....but here is a close up pic:


This ring is my love, I found it last year and HAD to have it. You can find it at alchemygothic.com or many ebay stores and amazon have also recently been selling it. Expect to pay $50 min

Another item that I recently found...and would LOVE to have (except it wouldn't work in my stretched ears) is this snake wrap earring...it's also made by Alchemy Gothic...such a great company!





Today I FINALLY found a frame I've been searching for for the last month. My boyfriend had made me this super awesome ram skull painting(i'm obsessed with ram skulls....) and have been waiting for the perfect gold frame to come along. I got it today from Goodwill for $5.99....yay! I spray painted the frame with a matte finish black and then used a plastic bag (all crinkled up) to wipe off some of the black paint so that the gold shows through. Over time the black will continue to chip off and make it look more ornate and vintage. I also spray painted the glass because the painting was a tiny bit too small for the frame....it looks super awesome!!!!I may go in later and darken up the immediate edges...and possibly use a Brillo pad to scrape off more of the black paint on the frame...but here's a pic of the finished product! I really should have taken a before and after pic.


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to watch that movie today because as many times as I have seen it, I cannot for the life of me remember that scene. :/ Now I am determined.

    ReplyDelete