Saturday, March 30, 2013

VACATION IN FLORIDA




Right now I'm on vacation in Florida. The first few nights were a bit cold, but it's finally warming up.  The picture below is some of the things I've packed for the trip (I was trying to plan outfits)

The first day in Florida, my mom treated us to some pedicures, I got a really pretty neutral polish. (And I'm wearing my new sandals from Forever 21)


After our pedicures we went to a place called Infusion Tea  And I was ecstatic to see that they had so many gluten free options(and bread)  So of course I ordered a sandwich....and it was one of the best I've had in a long while.  It was the Portobello Panino (so if you ever go there and you like mushrooms, get this one)


Before going to massages, my mom and I stopped to get some food at this cute little market.  We got a few snacks, including cucumber water...which I've never had in a bottled/sparkling beverage and it was super good.  It inspired me to make some of my own when I get home. (or at least always keep a pitcher of cucumber lemon water in the fridge)





While my sister and I were waiting for our massages, we got a coffee at Austin's coffee house (which apparently is famous for their peanut butter pie)  I have actually been to this place before with my sister years ago.  It's super eclectic and adorable.  It's interesting because you would never expect Orlando, FL to have any liberal/hippie/artsy spots....when in reality there are so many!  (think Portland, OR coffee houses/restaurants)  





This was just a little reminder for myself, which I should try and read every day.


On Thursday, we got family photos taken (ew.) because my mom has been begging us for the last 5 years to have them done.  Afterwards we decided to go out for a celebratory drink and lunch.  I was so excited to see that they had A gluten free beer there (Redbridge).  After having my bloody mary and beer, I ended up crashing for about 1.5 hours during the day.  (I'm not very good at day drinking....)

Sidenote:  If you are new to reading, I am gluten free (yes I'm allergic...it's not by choice)  I will do a post tomorrow about good gluten free beers....possibly ciders 


After our massages we went out shopping a bit, and I got this awesome scarf from a little hippy shop.  I haven't found the outfit to wear it with yet, but I am very excited about it.


Here are some other things I bought when we went shopping the first day.  We haven't done too much shopping, but we are planning on hitting the mall later tonight.  

(left to right)
Flannel: Vans($25)....my new favorite flannel...I'm slightly obsessed with it
Leggings:  Love culture ($13)
Scarf:  Kathmandu ($32)
Rings: flea market $1/ea



We went on a Segway tour yesterday.(this was not by my choice....my brother loves them)  But I managed to take a photo of the port we rode through.

After the tour we were planning on spending a day at the beach and going surfing...but unfortunately my sister got pretty sick and had to go to the doctor.  So while she was there we just visited the beach to kind of walk around and enjoy the waves.



And that's my trip so far.  We still have until Tuesday in Florida and have a few more things planned.





1 comment: