Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS


Kat Von D came out with a new book yesterday, and of course I went out and purchased it right away.  She always makes the most beautiful and inspirational books.  The artwork from cover to cover is absolutely gorgeous.  Sometimes, when I'm feeling uninspired or my spirits down, I open one of her books...and it almost always helps me.  Many people don't know it, but she literally started from nothing. She ran away from home with her boyfriend when she was young(I believe 14), and then followed her dreams of being a tattoo artist.  And look at her now.  Freaking unstoppable beautiful business woman.  Anyways if you haven't read any of her books, I suggest you at least rent them from a local library.   

There is a quote from the book I want to share.  I am not usually one for "inspirational cheesy quotes"  but this one really hit home.

"The purpose of life is to discover your gift.  The work of life is to develop it.  The meaning of life is to give your gift away"
-David Viscott, FINDING YOUR STRENGTH IN DIFFICULT TIMES, 1993

This quote just pushes me to be the person I want to be, to do what I want to do.  And to not end up mindlessly walking the daily steps of life.  

Everything moves so fast.  In a blink of an eye I will be somewhere else and someone else.  Everything I know now will change, but I want to be in full control of who I become and where I go.

Anyways, enough of that deep stuff.  I wanted to share a few of my favorite "inspirational" books.  All 3 Kat Von D books are included.




The book Beasts is beyond entertaining.  An array of  modern artists create their own interpretation of various beasts, mythological creatures, folklore, and other creatures.  Each beast has it's own short description as well, so you get some knowledge out of the book as well.


In the beginning of my discovery of "fashion", Japanese fashion was my biggest inspiration...and almost and obsession.  I would go on every "street" website and gawk at the amazing and odd collections of outfits.  These books were some of my favorites.



This book I just picked up yesterday, and I am so excited to use it as reference for so many upcoming designs and projects.  


That's it for today.  I've got to get to work (my 9-5 job). 



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks so much for that quote. It totally hit home.. I'm currently stuck in not knowing quite what I want to do yet and wanting to already have it all figured out. I really love that quote and will totally look into Kat's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found inspiration from this post. It's makes me so happy to know it's providing motivation :)

      Delete