Sunday, January 22, 2012

CRAFTY CRAFTY

I've been feeling very crafty lately, and not in the sewing way. I've been wanting to make these awesome soap dispensers out of mason jars for a while. So finally I made them! They were super easy and cost only about $7 to make the 3. Here's what they look like:


The larger one is filled with hand soap, where as the smaller ones are filled with shampoo and conditioner. I love these because it gives you the look of the expensive/organic soaps, with a lesser price. And they are refillable which is awesome. All I did was buy:

3 mason jars(can be found at thrift stores)
3 soap dispensers(found at the dollar store)
bag of stones of your choice(also found at the dollar store)

I used a screwdriver and a hammer and just pounded a hole into the top of the lid, I then took a pliers and made the hole big enough to fit the soap dispenser in it. You can fill it with rocks or just soap from there. It really is super easy, and looks awesome as a finished product.

Another thing that I've been wanting to do is make magnet buttons. My boyfriend, Alex, owns a button making press and we just cut out pictures from magazines and made them into buttons. From there we purchased disc-shaped magnets from the craft store and glued them to the backs of the buttons. They fit perfectly! Our fridge now has some personality. I'm so excited :p




Yay! Well i'm going to see what other awesome projects I can get my hands on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment